PPE (Noryl®) is a thermoplastic, amorphous standard plastic and is mostly used modified with the addition of PA or PS.
The addition of glass fibres increases the properties such as hardness, compressive strength and dimensional accuracy.
PPE is primarily used in the electronics, household and vehicle sectors where high heat resistance, dimensional stability and dimensional stability are important. However, PPE is also used in medical technology, such as plastic instruments that are frequently sterilized.
PropertiesThe properties of PPE (Noryl®) are:
- High impact resistance
- Heat distortion temperature up to + 130 ° C
- Good hydrolysis resistance
- Low water absorption
- Good electrical and dielectric properties
- Physiologically harmless (BGA-FDA approval)
- Low density
- Good dimensional stability
- High chemical resistance
- Lack of oxidative resistance above 100 ° C
- Lack of resistance to UV radiation
ApplicationsPPE (Noryl®) can be used in the following areas:
- Electrical appliances
- Electric engineering
- Elements for sanitary and bathing areas (steam)
- Components in precision engineering
- Household appliances
- Round rods Ø 20 - 80
- Plates 3000 x 1000 x 10 and 20
- Hollow rods on request
Modification optionsPPE + 30% GF
- Adding 30% glass fibre to the base increases hardness, compressive strength and dimensional accuracy.