PBT GF30 (polybutylene terephthalate + 30% glass fibre)
PBT is a thermoplastic, semi-crystalline plastic of the polyester family, which crystallizes very slowly and is therefore in the amorphous-transparent or crystalline-opaque state, depending on the processing method.
It is distinguished by its high strength, rigidity and dimensional stability under heat as well as by the very high dimensional stability and low creep. In addition, PBT shows, like the polyesters in general, very good friction and wear properties. Unlike PET, PBT has better impact resistance, especially in the cold.
PBT GF30 has optimised properties in different areas compared to PBT (see below).
Because of these properties, the material is well suited for parts exposed to high static loads in the higher temperature range in the long term.
Since glass fibres tend to cause some significant wear on the mating surface, PBT GF30 is less suitable for sliding applications.
PropertiesThe properties of PBT GF30 are:
- High strength and rigidity
- Very dimensionally stable
- Very high dimensional stability
- Low creep
- Very good friction and wear resistance
- Good impact resistance
- Very low thermal expansion
- Good chemical resistance to acids
- Very good electrical properties
- Very low water absorption
- Easily bonded and welded
ApplicationsPBT GF30 can be used in the following areas:
- Rack gears
- Components with high mechanical loads in the higher temperature range
- Parts for electrical applications
AvailabilityPBT GF30, natural
- Round rods Ø 20/30/40/50/60/80/100
- Plates 3000 x 500 x 16/30/50/80